Opening in 1959 as a free attraction to help promote the Anheuser-Busch line of products, Busch Gardens Tampa has evolved from a brewery tour and botanical garden into one of the nation’s top theme parks, with world-class roller coasters, animals, entertainment, and unique experiences.
BGT History.com is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of Busch Gardens Tampa. Through this site, visitors can step back in time and see the park throughout the years. The goal is to provide a free, well-researched, cited source for all aspects of the park’s history for anyone who wants to learn more.
Use the menu bar above to navigate the site, see the park’s timeline, defunct & current attractions, galleries with maps & brochures, and lots of other great information, images, and videos!
Recently Added or Updated:
- Mardi Gras 2023 – updated January 21, 2023
- Serengeti Plain – updated January 16, 2023
- Montu – updated January 15, 2023
- Tigris – updated January 15, 2023
- Stanley Falls – updated January 15, 2023
- Cobra’s Curse – updated January 15, 2023
- SheiKra – updated January 15, 2023
- Springs Taproom – added January 15, 2023
- Food & Wine Festival 2023 – updated January 12, 2023
- Real Music Series 2023 – updated January 12, 2023