Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of June.
- 1st – (2015) Dragon Fire Grill officially opens after two days of public soft opens.
- 14th – (2010) Walkabout Way, which includes Kangaloom, The Kookaburra’s Nest, and Aussie Station, officially opens.
- 17th – (1992) Myombe Reserve officially opens to guests.
- 17th – (2016) Cobra’s Curse officially opens to guests.
During the Month:
- 1967 – Newspaper article lists Richard G. Naegeli as park director, and calls Busch Gardens the largest tourist attraction in Florida. Annual attendance is reported at over 3 million (with a peak daily attendance of 42,000), and admission is free. A 278 acre expansion is in development, which includes new monorail and Swiss House. The parking lot is estimated to hold 1900 cars, and the park hours are listed as 9 am to dusk Monday to Saturday. (Boca Raton News 6/18/1967)