Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of April.
- 2nd – (2016) A Linne’s two-toed sloth is born at the park.
- 3rd – (2014) Two Marabou stork chicks are hatched at the park. A third is hatched two days later.
- 3rd – (2016) Mandazi, a male hyena cub, is born at the park.
- 4th – (1983) Josephine, a female black rhinoceros, is born at at the park. She is the fourth of the species to be born at the park. (Temple Terrace Beacon, 6/9/1983)
- 5th – (2008) Jungala officially opens to guests.
- 5th – (2014) A Marabou stork chick is hatched at the park. Two others were hatched two days earlier.
- 10th – (2011) Zawadi, a male aardvark, is born at the park.
- 10th – (2016) Tanganyika Tidal Wave splashes down for the last time before permanently closing.
- 13th – (2014) A southern tamandua (lesser anteater) is born at the park.
- 15th – (1992) Five gorillas arrive at the park from Yerkes Primate Center as part of the Myombe Reserve project.
- 21st – (1993) Kumba officially opens.
- 23rd – (2017) Iceploration has its final performances.
- 25th – (2014) Twisted Tails opens to guests for the first time.
- 25th – (2016) Park announces 50% off ticket offer for veterans, valid for up to six single day admissions through May 31, 2016. (Press Release)
During the Month:
- 1974 – Admission listed at $4.25 for adults, $3 for children age 5 to 11, and free for children under 5. Parking is free. Open daily, hours 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Ledger 4/5/1974)
- 1975 – Admission listed at $5.25 for adults, $3.25 for children age 5 to 11, free for children under 5. Hours are listed as 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. By the end of the month, admission for children was raised to $4.25, and the age range changed to 4 to 11. (Ledger 4/4/1975 & 4/25/1975)
- 1980 – Admission listed as $9.35 with children 3 years and younger admitted free. Parking was $1, and hours were 9:30 to 6 daily (8 p.m. in summer) (Temple Terrace Beacon 4/10/1980)
- 1983 – Births at the park during the month include 15 mammals and 82 birds, bringing year to date totals to 76 mammals and 159 birds. (Temple Terrace Beacon, 6/9/1983)
- 1987 – Admission listed as $17.95 with children under 3 admitted free; parking at $2 (Sun Sentinel 4/26/1987)