Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of April.
- 3rd – (2016) Mandazi, a male hyena cub, is born at the park.
- 4th – (1983) Josephine, a female black rhinoceros, is born at at the park. She is the fourth of the species to be born at the park. (Temple Terrace Beacon, 6/9/1983)
- 5th – (2008) Jungala officially opens to guests.
- 10th – (2016) Tanganyika Tidal Wave splashes down for the last time before permanently closing.
- 15th – (1992) Five gorillas arrive at the park from Yerkes Primate Center as part of the Myombe Reserve project.
- 21st – (1993) Kumba officially opens.
- 23rd – (2017) Iceploration has its final performances.
- 25th – (2014) Twisted Tails opens to guests for the first time.
During the Month:
- 1980 – Admission listed as $9.35 with children 3 years and younger admitted free. Parking was $1, and hours were 9:30 to 6 daily (8 p.m. in summer) (Temple Terrace Beacon 4/10/1980)
- 1983 – Births at the park during the month include 15 mammals and 82 birds, bringing year to date totals to 76 mammals and 159 birds. (Temple Terrace Beacon, 6/9/1983)
- 1987 – Admission listed as $17.95 with children under 3 admitted free; parking at $2 (Sun Sentinel 4/26/1987)