Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of February.
- 1st – (1983) Annual pass price increases from $35 to $40. (Ledger 1/21/1983)
- 1st – (2015) Gwazi gives its final rides and closes permanently at the the end of the day.
- 2nd – (2012) Iceploration opens to guests at the Moroccan Palace Theater.
- 5th & 6th – (2012) Two emu chicks are hatched, the first births at the new Animal Care Center.
- 5th – (2013) Kiazi, an aardvark, is born at the park.
- 5th – (2014) Hard Hat Tour for media showing progress on Falcon’s Fury and Pantopia.
- 6th – (2015) Kamari, a female gorilla, is born at the park.
- 12th – (2002) Pele, a female gorilla, is born at Gladys Porter Zoo. She is moved to Busch Gardens’ Myombe Reserve in 2010.
- 13th – (2010) Two female gorillas, mother & daughter pair Mary & Pele, arrive at the park from Gladys Porter Zoo.
- 15th – (2013) A male Southern Ground Hornbill hatched at Jambo Junction.
- 19th – (2011) Kasi, a male cheetah, is born at the Jacksonville Zoo. He is later moved to Busch Gardens and eventually placed on exhibit at Cheetah Run.
- 19th – (2013) A male Southern Ground Hornbill hatched at Jambo Junction.
- 19th – (2017) Kareebu Jungala ends regular performances.
- 20th – (2013) Kembe, a male lion, is born at a private zoological facility in South Africa. He is moved to Busch Gardens a few months later.
- 27th – (2014) Park offers free Adventure Island Fun Card with purchase of Busch Gardens Fun Card. Price is $92 for adults & $87 for children age 3 to 9. Offer was available through March 31, 2014. (Press Release)
During the Month:
- 1974 – Admission listed at $4.25 for adults, $3 for children age 5 to 11, and free for children under 5. Parking is free. (Ledger 2/1/1974)
- 1979 – Early in the month, the park announces Timbuktu expansion and addition of Adventure Island water park.
- 1979 – Admission listed at $7.80. Annual attendance estimated at 2.5 million guests. W. Randolph Baker listed as vice president of Busch Gardens. (Ledger 2/9/1979)
- 1981 – Admission listed as $10.10 per person, with children under 3 free. Parking is $1. Regular hours of 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Annual passes available for $30. (Ledger 2/13/1981)
- 1982 – Annual pass price listed at $35. (Ledger 12/25/1981)
- 1984 – Early in the month, the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales visit the park and are on display daily in a tent in the Moroccan Village. (Ledger 2/3/1984)
- 1985 – By the middle of the month, admission listed at $14.50 per person, with children 2 and under free. Parking is $2 per vehicle. Daily hours of 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Ledger 2/15/1985)