Opening in 1959 as a free attraction to help promote the Anheuser-Busch line of products, Busch Gardens Tampa has evolved from a brewery tour and botanical garden into one of the nation’s top theme parks, with world-class roller coasters, animals, entertainment, and unique experiences.
BGT History.com is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of Busch Gardens Tampa. Through this site, visitors can step back in time and see the park throughout the years. The goal is to provide a free, well-researched, cited source for all aspects of the park’s history for anyone who wants to learn more.
Use the menu bar above to navigate the site, see the park’s timeline, defunct & current attractions, galleries with maps & brochures, and lots of other great information, images, and videos!
The site continues to grow with new pages, maps, postcards, and much more, so bookmark the website and follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts for updates.
Recently Added or Updated:
- Turn It Up! – updated March 20, 2023
- Maps – updated March 19, 2023
- Serengeti Express – updated March 3, 2023
- Serengeti Plain – updated February 27, 2023
- Scorpion – updated February 27, 2023
- Veldt Monorail – updated February 27, 2023
- Kumba – updated February 27, 2023
- Montu – updated February 27, 2023
- SheiKra – updated February 27, 2023
- Falcon’s Fury – updated February 26, 2023