Opening in 1959 as a free attraction to help promote the Anheuser-Busch line of products, Busch Gardens Tampa has evolved from a brewery tour and botanical garden into one of the nation’s top theme parks, with world-class roller coasters, animals, entertainment, and unique experiences.
BGT History.com is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of Busch Gardens Tampa. Through this site, visitors can step back in time and see the park throughout the years. The goal is to provide a free, well-researched, cited source for all aspects of the park’s history for anyone who wants to learn more.
Use the menu bar above to navigate the site, see the park’s timeline, defunct & current attractions, galleries with maps & brochures, and lots of other great information, images, and videos!
Recently Added or Updated:
- Maps – updated September 18, 2023
- Howl-O-Scream 2009 – updated September 18, 2023
- Private VIP Rhino Safari – updated September 18, 2023
- Rhino Encounter – updated September 17, 2023
- Howl-O-Scream 2023 – added September 17, 2023
- SandSerpent – updated July 10, 2023
- Hospitality House – updated July 10, 2023
- Boma – updated July 10, 2023
- Claw Island – updated July 10, 2023
- Veldt Monorail – updated July 9, 2023