Opening in 1959 as a free attraction to help promote the Anheuser-Busch line of products, Busch Gardens Tampa has evolved from a brewery tour and botanical garden into one of the nation’s top theme parks, with world-class roller coasters, animals, entertainment, and unique experiences.
BGT History.com is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of Busch Gardens Tampa. Through this site, visitors will be able to step back in time and see the park throughout the years. The goal is to provide a free, well-researched, cited source for all aspects of the park’s history for anyone who wants to learn more.
Use the menu bar above to navigate the site, seeing the park’s timeline, defunct & current attractions, galleries with maps & brochures, and lots of other great information, images, and videos!
Recently Added or Updated:
- Animal Care Center – updated January 31, 2022
- Serengeti Plain – updated January 30, 2022
- Asian Elephants – added January 24, 2022
- Lions – updated January 19, 2022
- Real Music Series 2022 – updated January 19, 2022
- Stanley Falls – updated January 7, 2022
- SheiKra – updated January 5, 2022
- Montu – updated January 5, 2022
- Cobra’s Curse – updated January 3, 2022
- Events – updated January 2, 2022