Continued expansion with the addition of several world-class roller coasters was the theme of the 1990s for Busch Gardens Tampa.
- April 15 – Five gorillas arrive at the park from Yerkes Primate Center as part of the Myombe Reserve project.
- June 17 – Myombe Reserve officially opens to guests.
- July – Park hours were 9:30 to at least 6 p.m., with later hours for the summer. Daily admission is $26.95 plus tax, 22.95 plus tax for children age 3 to 9. Parking is $3. (The Morning Call, 7/19/1992)
- April 21 – Kumba officially opens.
- December 21 – Anheuser-Busch Brewery closes, part of corporate restructuring.
- May 16 – Montu officially opens to guests.