With 60 years of history behind it, Busch Gardens Tampa starts the new decade with a record-breaking roller coaster in Iron Gwazi.
- January 2 – Park offers BOGO Fun Card, where guests could purchase a 2020 Busch Gardens Fun Card and receive an Adventure Island Fun Card for free. Offer available through March 31. (Twitter 1/2/2020 & 1/3/2020)
- March 16 – Park begins extended closure due to COVID-19 concerns. Originally announced to last through the end of March, the closure was later extended indefinitely. (Twitter 3/13/2020 & 3/27/2020)
- May 4 – Park announces passes will be extended for at least as long as the park is closed and a complimentary tier upgrade will be given for all active annual pass members to last through the end of 2020. (Twitter 5/4/2020)
- June 11 – Park reopens following extended closure due to COVID-19 concerns. New safety guidelines include free entry reservations for visits, temperature checks, required face coverings, and social distancing throughout the park. (Twitter 6/4/2020)
- July 22 – Park offers complimentary single-day admission for U.S. veterans and up to three dependents. Tickets are valid through November 11, with online registration required by August 12, later extended to August 30. (Twitter 7/22/2020, 8/10/2020 & BGT Veteran Discount)
- July 31 – USA Today’s 10Best Awards for several categories are announced, with the park winning several including #1 Best Non-Roller Coaster Ride for Falcon’s Fury, the fifth-best amusement park in the country, and ninth-best roller coaster for Montu. (Twitter 7/31/2020)
- November 11 – Park is closed for the day due to the threat from Tropical Storm Eta. It reopens as scheduled the following day. (Twitter 11/11/2020 & 11/12/2020)
- November 13 – Park starts its Black Friday Sale two weeks early. (Twitter 11/13/2020)
- December 7 – A water main break affecting the entire city forces the park to close early at 5 p.m. The park remains closed the following day, December 8, due to the issue. (Twitter 12/7/2020 & BGT 12/8/2020)
- January 8-9 – Appreciation Nights after-hours ride time event on select attractions for annual pass members and Fun Card holders held from 6 to 8 p.m. each evening. (Twitter 1/5/2021, 1/7/2021)
- April 11 – Park closes early at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather. (Twitter 3/11/2021)
- June 29 – Park closes early at 8 p.m. due to inclement weather. (Twitter 6/29/2021)
- July 6-7 – Due to Tropical Storm Elsa, the park closes early at 4 p.m. on July 6 and adjusts the opening time on July 7 to noon. (Twitter 7/6/2021 & 7/7/2021)
- July 16 – Park announces reservations for entry are no longer required. (Twitter 7/16/2021)
- August 4 – Due to inclement weather, the park closes early at 6 p.m. (Twitter 8/4/2021)
- September 1 – Park closes after being open for just 90 minutes due to inclement weather. (Twitter 9/1/2021)
- November 5 – Park closes at 1 p.m. due to inclement weather. (Twitter 11/5/2021)
- January 25 – Park closes early at 2:15 p.m. due to inclement weather. (Twitter 1/25/2022)
- January 28 – Samantha, a senior chimpanzee, passes away after a long battle with cancer.
- February 8 – Park closes early at noon due to inclement weather. (Twitter 2/8/2022)
- March 11 – Iron Gwazi officially opens to guests.
- April 2 – Park closes early at 8:30 p.m. due to inclement weather. (Twitter 4/2/2022)
- September 27 – 30 – The park is closed for four days due to Hurricane Ian. (Twitter 9/27/2022 & 9/29/2022)
- November 25 – Guests could grab a free Coke Zero from 4-9 p.m. at Festival Field when the Coca-Cola Holiday Caravan visited the park. (BGT 11/22/2022)
- December 28 – Springs Taproom soft opens to guests.
- January 3 – Park begins offering the 2023 Preschool Card for registration. (Twitter 1/3/2023)
- January 13 – Springs Taproom officially opens to guests.
- August 29-30 – Park closes early at 3 p.m. on August 29 and remains closed on August 30 due to the forecasted impact of Hurricane Idalia. (Twitter 8/28/2023)