Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of November.
- 1st – (2011) The 2012 Fun Card is introduced, allowing unlimited admission through December 31, 2012. Priced at $79.99 for adults and $71.99 for children age 3 – 9. (Busch Gardens 11/1/2011)
- 2nd – (1981) Admission raised to $11.05 ($10.52 + tax) per person, with children under 3 free. Parking is $1. Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Ledger 10/30/1981 & 11/6/1981)
- 2nd – (2015) 2016 Fun Card is available for admission through December 21, 2016. The price is $99 for ages 3 and up. (Press Release)
- 4th – (1987) Mary, a female gorilla, is born at Gladys Porter Zoo. She was moved to Busch Gardens’ Myombe Reserve in 2010.
- 4th – (2011) A female Grant’s zebra is born.
- 5th – (2014) 2015 Fun Card is available for admission through December 31, 2015. Prices are $95 for adults, $90 for children ages 3 to 9. (Press Release)
- 5th – (2016) Pass Member Appreciation Night is held at the park from 6 to 11 pm.
- 8th – 9th – (1975) “Africa Goes Latino” weekend at the park when the park presents Latin American singers, guitarists and flamenco dancers, including the Carmen Morales Dancers of Tampa, adagio dancers Mikki and Kenny McDowell, guitarist Henry Valdez and the Tampa Spanish Ensemble of Jose Vega. (Ledger 11/7/1975)
- 13th – (2017) A is for Africa ends its regular season run and Christmas from the Heart opens for the holiday season in Stanleyville Theater.
- 15th – 16th – (1980) “Carload Weekend” offer for admission for all occupants in one car (trucks, vans, etc. excluded) for $30 with coupon available from Maas Brothers or in Sunday newspapers. (Ledger 11/14/1980)
- 15th – (2016) Park is awarded prestigious Liseberg Applause Award at 2016 IAAPA Attractions Expo. The award honors a park “whose management, operations and creative accomplishments have inspired the industry with their foresight, originality and sound business development.” (Press Release)
- 15th – (2016) The park announces they will be the exclusive sponsor of the main NHL rink at the new Florida Hospital Center Ice sports facility in Wesley Chapel. (Press Release)
- 16th – (2017) Elmo’s Christmas Wish opens for the holiday season in the Sunny Day Theater.
- 18th – (2005) Bolingo, a male gorilla, is born at the park. He is the first successful gorilla birth at Busch Gardens Tampa.
- 18th – (2017) Christmas Celebration and Christmas on Ice both open for the holiday season.
- 22nd – (2014) Tendai and Thabo, cheetahs, are born.
- 23rd – (2017) Quinn, a male reticulated giraffe, is born to mother Celina.
- 26th – (1985) Budweiser racing star Bobby Rahal appears at the park with autograph signing from 2 to 4 p.m. The Budweiser sponsored Porsche 962 race car is also on display. (Ledger 11/22/1985)
During the Month:
- 1980 – Senior Safari Days offer for guests 55 and older. Discount coupon of $2.55 off regular price (of $9.35) available at many mobile home parks, condos, and senior centers across Florida, or by writing to park. Offer valid through December 21, 1980. (Ledger 11/14/1980)
- 1981 – Carload Weekends offer on November 8 & 9, 14 & 15, and 21 & 22 for admission for all occupants in one car (trucks, vans, etc. excluded) for $30 with coupon available from area Farm Stores. (Ledger 11/6/1981)
- 1985 – Through April 20, 1986, a Canadian Pass is offered for residents of Canada allowing unlimited visits for $20. (Ledger 11/15/1985)
- 1986 – Admission listed at $16.50 with children 2 and under admitted free. Parking listed at $2. Several pass specials available through January 31, 1987 including: annual pass for $54.95; senior pass for $29.95; Canadian six month pass for $29.95. (Orlando Sentinel 11/16/1986)
- 1987 – Admission listed at $18.95 with children under 3 admitted free. Parking listed at $2. (Orlando Sentinel 11/15/1987)
- 2006 – As part of a promotion for the release of new LucasArts game Thrillville, the Busch Gardens parks in Williamsburg and Tampa are voted Best Overall Theme Parks in the country. The parks also won in the Best Roller Coaster, Best Midway Games, and Best Hang-Out categories. (Ultimate Rollercoaster 11/17/2006)
- 2011 – The park wins two Brass Ring Awards at the IAAPA Attractions Expo, including Cirque Dream Jungle Fantasy for Best Production in its category. Senior Manager of Production Costuming Kristine Morgan won the Spirit Award. Additionally, the park received three nominations for Christmas from the Heart and Lets Dance – Featuring Burn the Floor, each for Best Production in their respective categories, and Ashley Zweig for Best Performer. (Sources: 1, 2, 3)