Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of November.
- 2nd – (1981) Admission raised to $11.05 ($10.52 + tax) per person, with children under 3 free. Parking is $1. Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Ledger 10/30/1981 & 11/6/1981)
- 2nd – (2015) 2016 Fun Card is available for admission through December 21, 2016. The price is $99 for ages 3 and up. (Press Release)
- 4th – (1987) Mary, a female gorilla, is born at Gladys Porter Zoo. She was moved to Busch Gardens’ Myombe Reserve in 2010.
- 5th – (2014) 2015 Fun Card is available for admission through December 31, 2015. Prices are $95 for adults, $90 for children ages 3 to 9. (Press Release)
- 5th – (2016) Pass Member Appreciation Night is held at the park from 6 to 11 pm.
- 8th – 9th – (1975) “Africa Goes Latino” weekend at the park when the park presents Latin American singers, guitarists and flamenco dancers, including the Carmen Morales Dancers of Tampa, adagio dancers Mikki and Kenny McDowell, guitarist Henry Valdez and the Tampa Spanish Ensemble of Jose Vega. (Ledger 11/7/1975)
- 13th – (2017) A is for Africa ends its regular season run and Christmas from the Heart opens for the holiday season in Stanleyville Theater.
- 15th – 16th – (1980) “Carload Weekend” offer for admission for all occupants in one car (trucks, vans, etc. excluded) for $30 with coupon available from Maas Brothers or in Sunday newspapers. (Ledger 11/14/1980)
- 15th – (2016) Park is awarded prestigious Liseberg Applause Award at 2016 IAAPA Attractions Expo. The award honors a park “whose management, operations and creative accomplishments have inspired the industry with their foresight, originality and sound business development.” (Press Release)
- 15th – (2016) The park announces they will be the exclusive sponsor of the main NHL rink at the new Florida Hospital Center Ice sports facility in Wesley Chapel. (Press Release)
- 16th – (2017) Elmo’s Christmas Wish opens for the holiday season in the Sunny Day Theater.
- 18th – (2005) Bolingo, a male gorilla, is born at the park. He is the first successful gorilla birth at Busch Gardens Tampa.
- 18th – (2017) Christmas Celebration and Christmas on Ice both open for the holiday season.
- 22nd – (2014) Tendai and Thabo, cheetahs, are born.
- 23rd – (2017) Quinn, a male reticulated giraffe, is born to mother Celina.
During the Month:
- 1980 – Senior Safari Days offer for guests 55 and older. Discount coupon of $2.55 off regular price (of $9.35) available at many mobile home parks, condos, and senior centers across Florida, or by writing to park. Offer valid through December 21, 1980. (Ledger 11/14/1980)
- 1981 – Carload Weekends offer on November 8 & 9, 14 & 15, and 21 & 22 for admission for all occupants in one car (trucks, vans, etc. excluded) for $30 with coupon available from area Farm Stores. (Ledger 11/6/1981)