Below are noteworthy events from Busch Gardens Tampa’s history that occurred in the month of March.
- 1st – (1962) Patsy, a female chimpanzee in Myombe Reserve, is born.
- 1st – (2010) A new twitter account for Busch Gardens Williamsburg begins tweeting from @BuschGardens_VA. The @MyBuschGardens account continues to post about both parks. (Twitter 2/19/2010)
- 10th – (2003) Two male gorillas, father & son pair Koundu & Cenzoo, arrive at the park from Denver Zoo.
- 12th – (2014) A reticulated giraffe is born at the park.
- 14th – (2014) A reticulated giraffe is born at the park.
- 16th – (2018) Patty, a female giraffe, is born at the park.
- 15th – (2006) Simon, a male lion, is born.
- 18th – (2014) A reticulated giraffe is born at the park.
- 19th – (2015) Squirt, a ring-tailed lemur, is born at the park.
- 20th – (2013) Sisters Shaba & Shtuko, lions, are born at a private zoological facility in South Africa. They are moved to Busch Gardens a few months later.
- 21st – (2014) Painted Camel Bazaar in Pantopia officially opens to guests.
- 22nd – (2018) Spike, a male Asian elephant who resided at the park since September 2013, was relocated to the National Zoo.
- 24th – (2016) A Hoffman’s two-toed sloth is born at the park.
- 25th – 31st – (1985) A team of the Anheuser-Busch Budweiser Clydesdales visits the park, and is on display daily in Moroccan Village. While visiting, the team also parades several times daily from March 26 – 31 from the park entrance to the brewery entrance. (Ledger 3/22/1985)
- 26th – (2012) Adazee, a female aardvark, is born at the park.
- 27th – (2010) Sesame Street Safari of Fun, which includes new Air Grover coaster, opens to the public.
- 27th – (2010) Sesame Street Film Festival 4-D debuts in Timbuktu Theater.
- 27th – (2015) Schweps and Seagramms, twin ring-tailed lemurs, are born at the park.
- 30th – (2013) Reptile-Palooza held, with special activities and presentations at reptile habitats across the park.
- 31st – (1959) Busch Gardens Tampa opens to the public as a free attraction with tours of the brewery, sampling of beers, and expansive tropical gardens with several bird species on display.
- 31st – (2009) Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio declares March 31 to be Busch Gardens Day in honor of the park’s 50th anniversary. (Twitter 3/31/2011)
- 31st – (2011) Busch Gardens received accreditation from the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA). (Busch Gardens 3/30/2011)
- 31st – (2013) Three Malayan tiger cubs are born at the park, two males and one female.
During the Month:
- 1974 – Admission listed as $3.75 for adults, $2.50 for children age 6 to 11, and $1 for children under 6. Parking is free. Open daily, hours 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Ledger 3/1/1974)
- 2000 – Florida 2000 Fun Card offered through April 30, which entitles Florida residents to unlimited admission through the end of 2000 for the price of a single day admission (approximately $46). Fun Card did not include free parking, discounts, or other benefits of annual pass. As a result of concern from some annual pass members, all annual passes given free two month extension and offer to renew at discounted price. Annual pass price listed at $79.95. (Orlando Sentinel 7/10/2000)
- 2017 – Early in the month, Jambo Junction area reopens to guests, but without main signage. Much of the interpretive signage on the main building and for the snake tanks is missing. Several of the exhibits are empty. Twitter / Twitter